Thursday, May 5, 2011

Music is My Partial Failure

 While I cleaned up the vocals a little, I never really had the chance to create a piano part for the track I was planning to post here. I felt pretty good about what I'd recorded and not so good at the same time. The only problem is that as far as I see, there's no way to post it on here. I've tried using Windows Movie Maker, Tumblr, AOA Audio Extractor and nothing is working. The best I can do is post it without the end on Tumblr. Not what I was trying to do. I guess I at least owe you the lyrics to my song:
 Liquids Of Life
You are the shade of the raindrops
And also just the sheen of a summer sky
You spent your whole life dancing down from clouds
And wondering why (you wanted to fly)
Possible chorus to be added
I am the color of a heartbeat
And I am just a clone of a fragrant rose
I wasted my time bleeding lonely
And wanting to know (why I wanted to go)
Possible chorus
Soon the blood got thinner, then you turned to ice
And we both knew that we were losing liquids of life
So we stirred in harmony and salts of light
But now I see that we were always right

I am red and you are blue
And purple is my favorite color too
 
Being the teenager that I am, I have a Gaia account, where I posted the song for some feedback.
The first reply read:
"I thought it was beautiful. Very colourful & I can see now that you listen to Owl City. I really liked it, it invoked happy thoughts, for me. It was really cute, too. Those last two lines were adorable." 
The second:
"Beautiful. Unique. Inspiring.
Those are the three things you need to create something stunning. You nailed it."
I can tell you now, when I first read those, I SQUEED. Never had I really felt comfortable enough to let complete strangers critique my work... Of any kind at all, not just song lyrics.

The story behind this song?
Well, I was in my computer class and decided I wasn't going to do the work. So I wrote.
 ...
Alright. Long story it is.
I pulled out the piece of paper I list albums and songs on so I could add "Blue and Red" to it, under "An Airplane Carried Me To Bed". When I did this, I started thinking about purple (my favorite color). I began thinking of how I feel that I'm the less enchanting part of another equation I find beautiful.
 Then it came to me.
Red, I thought.
I'm red, and he's blue. Beautiful, graceful, swimmingly blue. He just seems like a blue kind of person, with eyes like those. I must be red, dark and aggressive-seeming, never showing the true nature of pain I put myself through.
We became blood and water, two of the most life-sustaining liquids. In fact, water is a part of blood, but not vice-versa, making this even better fitting. I'm terrified of water and love it. Thorns on the rose surround and isolate any beauty living there. I'm a sunrise kinda person and he's a daylight kinda person.
God, why are metaphors my specialty?
Anyway, we've become different than the way we were. I'm not sure if the "harmony and salts of light" have come into play yet, but they haven't proved to be absent yet.
And that's all I need to be sure of.

No comments: