Thursday, April 21, 2011

Drawing Goodbye

  When posed with a question like "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?", I'm totally stumped. In fact, I hardly know what I'll be doing in five years. Right now, my objective and long-time goal is to graduate high school, and that's in barely over three years, as I'm already a freshman. The only things I really, really, really want to happen would be writing, drawing, and singing in my future. These don't mix well, which is a source of a great problem for an artsy person like me. Because really, have you ever heard of an author/singer/artist? I'm not even that good at those to begin with.
  I don't know what to write at the moment, so here's a drawing from earlier this week:
 I apologize for the lame quality, this photo is from my phone. And since I highly doubt you can read the words there, the stream in front says "Annemarie, believe me----------I loved you" and the one in back says "I can't forget you"
This is a reference to the song "Lonely Lullaby".
If you haven't heard it and you like songs that make you want to cry, you should check it out.
You: Is it another Owl City song?
Me:...Maybe...
So what if I have a guilty pleasure? We all do.
 When I listen to this song, I instantly understand all he feels. As creepy as it sounds, Adam's my brother and I love him. Nobody's ever going to know the pain a lost love brings until they really feel it. The beautiful memories suddenly become a bitter taste in your mouth, a punch in the stomach, a headache, and an overall endless crying to accompany it.
Then you wipe the tears off your face and brave the world for another day.
 In the passage of time, you might look back with a smile on your face though the scars still burn in your skin. The way he sings "I sang my princess fast to sleep" tears me apart and rebuilds me every time. When I hear him whisper "Because I can't forget you" I know all he remembers and cry in what I know was once there, although it wasn't my experience. As he tells "I'd rather dream" my mind soars to where his does and breathes all there is in a universe such as this.
Sorry.
Got off track there.
This is the fifth time in a row I've listened to it.
But believe me, I loved you

No comments: